Bahar Movahed & Ali Samadpour: The Art of Persian Ballad
The Apertures; The Art of Persian Ballad, From Past to Present
Iranian classical vocalist Bahar Movahed joined by Ali Samdpour, will perform Persian ballads starting from 600 years ago up to present. The event is held on Friday, May 3, 2013, 8 PM at Berkeley City College, 2050 Center St, Berkeley, CA.
Tickets are online here, or they may be purchased from one of the following stores:
- Raw Energy: 2050 Addison St, Berkeley, CA 94704; (510) 665-9464
- Middle Eastern Market: 2054 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley, CA 94702; (510) 704-8800
- Super Tehran: 112 Meadow Ln, Concord, CA 94520; (925) 825-1500
Hosted by Radio Gramophone in sponsorship with UC Berkeley ISAA.
Shahrzad Sepanlou & Fared Shafinury
On Saturday, May 11th, on the eve of Mother’s day, two artists, Shahrzad Sepanlou & Fared Shafinury, covering wildly different genres of music will come together on stage to span the many musical genres & motifs, sharing a new story of hope, love, chance & friendship.
Accompanied by a full ensemble and notable musicians including:
- Persian Percussionist Dara Afraz
- Bassist Safa Shokrai – of The April Fishes
- Master Clarinetist – Jason Ditzian
- Guitarist, Mohammad Talani of Band Band
The event is at held on Sat., May 11, 2013, 8 pm, at Freight & Salvage Coffeehouse, 2020 Addison St, Berkeley, CA.
For tickets and more info: (510) 644-2020 or go here.
SHAHRZAD SEPANLOU - www.shahrzadmusic.com - A modern day world class story-teller & songstress, known for her soothing voice and touching songs and known for having formed the first ever Persian female band.
FARED SHAFINURY - www.faredshafinury.com - A contemporary classical singer, songwriter, setar player, whose compositions are known for a seamless and authentic blend of East & West.